February 2: Snow & Spire: A 15-Year Photo Retrospective
Presenter: John Scurlock, Arial Photographer
Scurlock has photographed mountains and glaciers from he air for he past 15 years and he'll show a selection of his favorite images and share the stories behind them. Enjoy stunning views of the places we usually see only from the vantage point of our skis or hiking boots:
the Cascade R
ange in Washington and Oregon, the South
ern Coast Mou
ntains and Columbia/Purcells of British
Columbia, the Rockies of
Since 2007, Scurlock has been involved in a project to photograph every glacier in the lower 48 states, in cooperation with a glaciologist at Portland State University.
Methow Trails & Conservancy celebration January 21
Methow Trails & Methow Conservancy Birthday Bash. Methow Trails is turning 40 and the Methow Conservancy is turning 20! Skiers and others concerned with retaining the open lands, vistas, and lifestyle of the Methow Valley have made a huge difference. It’s time to celebrate on Saturday, January 21st at the Winthrop Barn. Dance the night away to the Paperboys and have some birthday fun. Tickets are $15 per person and can be purchased online via Methow Trails at: The http://www.databarevents.com/pursuit (then click on the “purchase concert tickets” button).
2016-2017 Board Members
- President - Ginnie Miller
- Vice President - Jim Wright
- Treasurer - Tom Jacobi
- Secretary - Barbara Mandula
- Trips Coordinators - Russ Hamerly, Jo-Ann Payne
- New Member Liason - Jacquelyn Vail, Philip Molin
- Programs Coordinator - Maria Lamarca
- Member Data - Dede Chinlund
- Nordic Patrol Coordinator (w/ WSTC) - Terry Flower
- Nordic Patrol Liaison with the NPS - Denis Dubois
- Webmasters - Laura Barrera, Jim Gold, James Hamaker
'WSTC in the 90s'
A Big Thanks to Ginnie Miller and Jean Davis for putting together this slideshow!