Late Winter and Springtime Ski Tours in Western Washington
7p.m., Thursday March 2, 2017
Top floor, NW corner
REI, 222 Yale Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Presenter: Jim Brisbine
, Mountain Man
As the short, gray days of winter evolve into the longer, brighter days of spring, new backcountry ski touring opportunities arise. Plowed roads give access to higher trailheads, and corn snow allows for faster travel. WSTC member Jim Brisbine showcases a variety of local destinations in his photo presentation. Touring locations will include Mt. Baker, Washington Pass, Stevens Pass, Snoqualmie Pass, Crystal Mountain, and the Goat Rocks area. He will also discuss some of the mountain hazards unique to springtime ski touring.
2016-2017 Board Members
- President - Ginnie Miller
- Vice President - Jim Wright
- Treasurer - Tom Jacobi
- Secretary - Barbara Mandula
- Trips Coordinators - Russ Hamerly, Jo-Ann Payne
- New Member Liason - Jacquelyn Vail, Philip Molin
- Programs Coordinator - Maria Lamarca
- Member Data - Dede Chinlund
- Nordic Patrol Liaison with the NPS - Denis Dubois
- Webmasters - Laura Barrera, Jim Gold, James Hamaker
'WSTC in the 90s'
A Big Thanks to Ginnie Miller and Jean Davis for putting together this slideshow!